Below are seven new things that have happened in social media over the last couple weeks. Most of them are updates to social media websites.
- Twitter: I like the Twitter reply feature is now a drop-down versus a pop-up. It’s easier to comment based on the flow of the conversation or topic.
- WordPress: I like you can now add HTML to photo captions in the WordPress 3.4 update. This means it’s easier to give a little link love when using photos on your blog.
- Linkedin: Now that Linkedin and Twitter are not renewing their contract, you will not see automatic tweets in your Linkedin feed. Yeah!
- Facebook: I Like when you now roll your cursor over a friends Facebook icon their Timeline information pops up.
- Google +: I like that Google + has added an events feature. I think it’s a better fit (versus Facebook) because so many people use Google calendar — including me.
- Pinterest: I like that Pinterest now collectively shares other pinned photographs from 500px.
- Social Media Day: I like that today (June 30, 2012) is social media day and that my State of Michigan officially recognized it as so.
What would you add?