A big stumbling block to advertising is thinking you can’t create good ads. Today, businesses have incredible tools which make it easy to create a custom advertisement. YouTube just lunched an app (listed below) with templates to help small business owners create nicer video ads. Advertising platforms know the more tools they create to make advertising easier, the more success they earn.
Google took the most notable step in 2005 when they bought Urchin, an expensive analytics tool which it gave away for free — Now known as Google Analytics. Google knew giving website owners the power to understand web traffic helps people justify buying ads from them. It’s a winning strategy.
Below are seven tools to help you improve your advertising.
- YouTube director app.: This is a new app gives you step by step instructions and guidance to create and publish a video ad on YouTube.
- Canva: If you need to design materials online and off, check out Canva. I use the application to make flyers and banner ads. You have access to powerful tools and templates in one location. There are in-app purchases for template, photo and service upgrades. However, most are not expensive.
- Google Web Designer: Need to make a web ad or landing page? Google as an online web design tool. It has powerful features such as drag and drop HTML 5 and animation options. It’s worth a look.
- Coolors: Are you not sure which colors to use for branding or your ad design? Coolors is an extremely helpful tool to match colors which look like a design pro.
- Headline Analyzer: Although this tool is for blogs, I find it helpful when I write ad copy headlines. Give it a try.
- Logo Creator: Need a new logo? Logo Makr is a good online tool to help you create your new logo. You still need a sense of design, however, it’s an easier option than trying to learn Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign.
- QR Code: Although QR codes are not all the rage of a few years ago, they are still helpful for some campaigns. QR Code Generator is one of many easy to use code creators.
Bonus: Adobe Spark. This app from Adobe helps you create social graphics, web stories, and animated videos to share your story or message.
Remember a good ad has a call to action. This means you need to tell people how to react to the ad, such as, call now, download our app, or request an estimate. Social proof or a good testimonial is extremely helpful based on my experience. Quality imagery is important and I’ve found the simplest ads work best.