25 Outrageous Ideas For Photographers
Is it time for a new direction in your photography or photography business? Consider the twenty-five things I list below. If you have not heard, doing the same thing over and over tends to lead to the same results. It leads to boring too. Now is the time to try something new.
Some of the ideas below might not be new to you. I’ve written about similar ideas before. If you’ve done some of these things in the past, take the idea or concept to a new level — get your brain moving. Some of the ideas may involve a little research on your part. However, I’m not encouraging you to do anything harmful or life threatening.
Ultimately, the concepts below are designed to improve your photography and help you create a better business. Of course, I have a few marketing ideas listed too. If your heart starts to race, chances are, the idea is right for you. Now, go challenge yourself.
- Light your subject using only mirrors.
- Create a photograph without using digital technology.
- Ask someone who intimidates you to be your next model
- Create a virtual reality portfolio (VR). Something people can view with Oculus, VR Gear or Google CardBoard.
- Call on the largest company in town to show your portfolio.
- Develop a marketing plan and sales funnel which focuses on selling only one specific photograph.
- Create a beautiful out-of-focus or blurry photograph.
- Ask a total stranger for a referral.
- Plan all the details for a year-long worldwide photo safari.
- Begin a movement with your photography (social, political etc).
- Double your normal fee on your next five estimates.
- Create a new Photoshop technique.
- Change your profile photo on Facebook every day for a month.
- Create and use a lighting system made from materials you find at your local hardware store.
- Invite your favorite famous musician or actor to pose for you.
- Sell a framed version of your favorite photograph on the street.
- Rent a unique lens you’ve always wanted to try.
- Create a list of 100 photography ideas, subjects or concepts to photograph over the next year.
- Take on your greatest fear with photography.
- It’s common to create powerful dramatic photographs, try creating a powerful happy photograph.
- Photograph for an entire day without looking through the viewfinder or reviewing your images.
- Network non-stop until you have the names, numbers and warm referrals for twenty people who buy photography or need a photographer.
- Try to add 1000 followers to your Instagram account over a month, with only new images (no following for follows).
- Ask someone to pose for you with their greatest enemy.
- discover the most extreme new view of an old subject.
What would you add?
Leave a Reply